Wednesday 9 April 2014

Little Miss Perfect.

Ah! Perfection. It's an evil word. For people like me at least! Not because i am jealous of people who are "perfect" but lately i'v come to realise just how much we all push ourselves to be perfect including myself. Don't even ask how much i push myself to be "perfect". I've had times when i breakdown completely for the sole reason that i can't live up to my own notions of perfection! Le'ts accept it. We all want to be perfect in everything we do and all that we are. I see someone who is better at something than me and don't even ask how much i push myself and mentally harass my own self to be, if not more, then just as good at it.
As someone who has studied psychology at a very basic level i can tell you that from a lot of research some very intelligent people have established how we all have our own capabilities. There is no standard kind of a structure which says that this right here is perfection and this is your level, i am level 51 you are level 54 blah blah. But in spite of knowing all that we often look at people and think "Oh my god! She or he is perfect." And then we push ourselves to excel in something we not only have no aptitude in but also no interest in! And i do it effing a lot. Like A LOOOOOOOOT. All the effing time!
If you do that too then let me tell you why i am even worse off than you and give you a little bit of happiness. I have a problem, okay? I want to be perfect and at the same time i am one of those people who don't care one bit about what people have to say about them (this does not include certain people) So do you see how weird that is? The notion of perfection is set by the society and other people and i want to be perfect and yet i don't care what people think. So yes. I am a whole new level of weirdness and insanity.
But the point is, is there anything called perfection? No seriously! What on earth is perfect? Who is perfect? At this moment i can point at someone and say "THIS! THIS EFFING PERSON RIGHT HERE IS PERFECT" and then that person will point at another derp and say s/he is perfect and its a never ending chain! So maybe after all there is nothing like perfection! Either that or well everyone is perfect in their own little way and of course is blind to it. Until some amazing person walks up to you and honestly and out of no ulterior motive tells you just how amazing and perfect you are. This of course doesn't mean that everyone thinks that those same reasons make you amazing. Some people may hate you for the same reason someone loves you!
Of course we should push ourselves to do better but we shouldn't be so afraid of failure or the inability to do something. Maybe it's not for you! So try something new! Something different! And even if you think you aren't any good at it maybe just maybe there is someone sitting and watching you and thinking "God! How i wish i could be as perfect as him/her" :)

4 comments:

  1. Trust me! I am a big time victim of this inferiority conplex

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know exactly what you are talking about debo! Mutual feelings there!

      Delete
  2. I wish I cold be as perfect friend s you :')

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You already are bro! and much more "perfect" :P :*

      Delete